What Did You Say?
Boston words and phrases that often get lost in translation:
- Winta Tigha - Those 4 round rubber objects you put on your car (cah) so you can drive through the snow.
- I'm onnit like a honnit - To jump onto a task and stick with it until completion.
- Kahkeys - Casual pants, can be worn in the office or down the Cape. " I like to buy my kahkeys at L.L. Bean."
- Your sister's ass - Usually used as an expletive or said in a moment of frustration. Emphasis should be on the word 'ass'.
- The Pole - Refers to the street sign outside one's residence. Examples include Resident Parking, Tow Zone, Commercial Vehicles Only, and the like. "I need to take the dog out to the pole".