Happy 87th Birthday Irene!
We celebrated Irene's 87th birthday this past week. Highlights included:
- Irene calling her 3 year old great grandson Daniel by the name Donald all evening
- Irene's table-mate Josie calling Daniel by the name Shannon all evening (Shannon is my niece and Daniel's mother)
- Josie sharing the story of how the last time she was on a horse she laughed so hard she peed her pants
- Serving cake to Irene and her friends and then 10 minutes later answering the question"Did I have a piece of cake?"
- Seeing Irene actually smile
aging is not for the sissies, the weak, the cowards. you gotta rise up and proclaim your chutzpah every day!
I'm fortunate to know one of them.