I'm sending out a big hug and thank you to all of you who left such kind words on this blog, comments on Facebook, emails, and phone messages regarding the loss of Coco. The house has a huge void now. We think of her everyday.
I'm moving through the stages of grief -- but in my own way. I'm skipping denial and isolation, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Who needs 'em?
Here are my steps:
- Berkshire Brewing Company's Cabin Fever: If it's grief that I must take, then let's have an Irish wake.
- Macaroni and Cheese: I ate it at a restaurant, I bought some at the store. If I had the extra room, I'd keep it in my night stand drawer.
- Chocolate: Dark bars and morsels and cake, oh my. I should save time and stick 'em directly on my thigh.
- Potato Chips and Chicken Sandwiches: My heart took a licking so pass me that effing chicken. With mayo. And chips. Now!
- To Be Determined - I'll decide what this should be after my nap.
In our hearts forever, we miss you sweet girl.