Driving around the suburbs of Boston last night, I remembered why I wanted to move to western Massachusetts and get the heck out of the city. Please see above picture. That is what your GPS route will look like if you try to navigate from Waltham to Newton and then to the Mass Pike.
And this is how your GPS will sound:
- In 500 feet, prepare to keep right.
- Change of plans, prepare to keep left.
- Shit. Left lane has suddenly disappeared off the satellite. Just keep going straight.
- In 2 miles, prepare to exit the highway at Exit 22, 23, 24 to Route 90 Mass Pike westbound.
- Did I mention it is a left lane exit and you are in a right turn only lane?
- Where the fuck did the exit go? Route re-calculation.
- Accident reported ahead. Estimated delay of 4 hours.
- You look like you have to pee. Shall I find a rest stop?
- Why are you crying?
- I told you not to drive home at night in the rain from Boston.
- What did you call me?